This article is about F.B.I. statistics on residential burglaries and how to protect your valuables inside your home from thiefs.
A burglary happens every fifteen seconds in the United States.
In 2009, there were an estimated 2,179,140 burglaries
Burglary accounted for 22.1 percent of the estimated number of property crimes committed in 2009.
Of all burglaries, 61.1 percent involved forcible entry, 32.4 percent were unlawful entries (without force), and the remainder (6.5 percent) were forcible entry attempts.
In 2009, burglary offenses cost victims an estimated $4.3 billion in lost property; overall, the average dollar loss per burglary offense was $1,991.
Burglary of residential properties accounted for 67.9 percent of all burglary offenses.
Offenses for which time of occurrence was known showed that 57.4 percent of burglaries took place during the day and 42.6 percent at night. Offenses for which time of occurrence was known showed that more residential burglaries (63.6 percent) occurred during the daytime while 56.4 percent of nonresidential burglaries occurred during nighttime hour.
The best way to stop burglaries is with a Home Security System, now there are two choices to choose from you can buy a Home Security System, where you pay several hundred dollars for installation fees and around 20$ to 40$ a month for monitoring fees or you can buy a Wireless Home Security System for around 120$ with no installation fees and no monthly fees. There is virtually no difference in the way that these two systems protects your home. It’s clear that Wireless Home Security System is an alternative to those high priced Home Security Systems, and what makes these systems even better is that you can take them with you if you move, because these systems are portable which make them a perfect choice for someone who is just renting an apartment or duplex. You can even get tips and discounts on Wireless Home Security Systems if you sign up for their news letter on their website. There are complete Wireless Home Security Systems along with many other alarms such as door and window alarms that run around 7$ so even if your on a budget you can still protect your valuables with low cost quality alarms. Many websites also offers an affiliate program that pays between 15% and 30% on each sale that an affiliate generates. So if your looking for a affordable Home Security System then Wireless Home Security Systems give you the biggest bang for your buck.
HOW IT WORKS
1. When the door/window sensor or motion detector is triggered, it sounds an alarm and sends a signal to the base unit.
2. The base unit dials the first telephone number of your programmed list.
3. The person answering the call will hear a prerecorded alert message.
4. That person will have the option to listen in on the room, broadcast their voice through the base unit, or disarm the system.
5. If there is no answer, or if the person doesn’t disarm the system, it will dial the next number on your programmed list. Includes 1 base unit with AC adaptor, 1 window/door sensor (wireless transmission up to 250 feet), 1 motion detector (range 8 yards) and 1 remote control with panic feature for arming and disarming the unit.
This Wireless Home Security System is a strong deterrent for burglars.